Last updated: June 3rd 2020
Hi, I’m Tina! The writer and creator of the travel blog you’re currently visiting, Manhattanite.co. Or the so-called ’data controller’ if we’re being formal. The purpose of this page is to inform you as a reader about some things you have the right to know when using my website. My goal is to be completely transparent when it comes to how this blog is run, including what personally identifiable information the website may collect and how it may be used.
By using the website Manhattanite.co you agree to the terms provided on this page.
What Data We Collect (And Why)
The website Manhattanite.co may collect different types of information from the readers using the website, including personal data. The main purpose of collecting such data is to create the best possible reading experience for the users of the website, to enable comments on articles, and to track certain patterns regarding users of the website. Note that the website does not collect personal information about individuals, such as names and e-mail addresses, unless it is knowingly provided by the individual, and he or she has agreed to the terms under which Manhattanite.co will use it. Personal data this website collects include:
1. Personal data you voluntarily submit to website: The website may collect personal information from you when you voluntarily submit it to the website, such as your name or your email address when you send me an email, subscribe to an email service or when you leave a comment. You have complete control over what personal information is visible to the public when you leave a comment on Manhattanite.co.
Third-party Use Of Data
When you explicitly authorize it, your personal information may be shared with third parties. Each third-party service’s use of your information is governed by their own privacy policies. This website uses these third-party service providers:
Intellectual Property Rights Of Website
Unless otherwise stated, Manhattanite.co and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights published on this site, and materials used on Manhattanite.co, including all text, images and logo. Violation of intellectual property rights will have legal consequences.
Affiliate Program Participation
Manhattanite.co may engage in affiliate marketing and participates in affiliate programs. This means that I may earn a small commission if a reader makes a purchase using a tracked link from my website, for instance if you were to book a hotel I recommend using a link in one of my travel guides. These transactions will never cost you any extra money, in fact, you may receive a discount when using the link. I only recommend products I truly love and believe will bring value to the reader/user. Any article containing such links on Manhattanite.co will have a «contains affiliate links» disclaimer in the top section, usually below the top photo. There is never any obligation to click on the links or purchase anything promoted.
Please note that all travels and expenses are paid for by myself unless otherwise clearly stated.
How Your Information May Be Used
Manhattanite.co uses the collected data for various purposes, including but not limited to:
- To operate and maintain Manhattanite.co.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of Manhattanite.co when you choose to do so.
- To provide user support and respond to your comments or inquiries
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve Manhattanite.co.
- To track and measure advertising on Manhattanite.co
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about things we think you will be interested in.
The Rights Of Users
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Manhattanite.co aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your personal data. In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your personal data.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Manhattanite.co relied on your consent to process your personal information.
If you wish to be informed about what personal data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
Embedded Content From Other Websites
Limitation Of Liability
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, in no event will Manhattanite.co be liable to any person for any indirect, incidental or consequential damages (including, without limitation, damages for lost profits, revenue, goodwill, use of content, impact on business, etc) however caused. These limitations of liability apply even if Manhattanite.co has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
Changes And Amendments
Manhattanite.co reserve the right to modify this Agreement or its policies relating to the website at any time, effective upon posting of an updated version of this Agreement on the website. When we do, we will revise the updated date at the top of this page. Continued use of the website after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
Acceptance Of These Terms
By using the website Manhattanite.co you acknowledge that you have read the legal terms provided on this page, and that you agree to all its terms and conditions. If you do not agree to abide by the terms of this agreement, you are not authorized to use or access the website.